Sunday 19 August 2007

GalactiCats Getting Emotional


As part of my course at college we did sessions in Digital Artwork (which were so basic, I've taught myself most of what I know) and for one of my projects I created a short storybook called 'SpaceKid Kenji' of which you've seen one of my illustrations for it already. (1st Post guys, think back!). I think I'll recreate a digital version of that book for my blog sometime, it was really cool and I still have all the illustrations as jpgs haha.

Anyways, as part of my concept, Kenji would travel through space with his pet GalactiCat, Cosmo. Basically GalactiCats are the coolest pet because they come in a range of bright colours and they talk and get drunk. Oh and they have really awesome tails haha. And I liked drawing them a lot, they've a simple but fun design.

So I was looking at my MySpace page the other day thinking how bored I was of having Pokémon as my background (*ahem* yes, Pokémon) that I thought 'hmm, what can I do that will be equally as cool' (*ahem* yes, cool, Pokémon are cool). Anyways so I remembered my GalactiCats and I thought yeahhhhh!! So I came up with these simple lil' illustrations of all types of GalactiCat expressions. Maybe they're not so far from Pokémon after all...

You can see how they look on my page here. Which one would YOU have as your sidekick/pet? :P You can see another illustration of Cosmo in my MySpace pics if you're desperate for more GalactiCat action!

And by the way - when will they release the TV series of Pokémon on DVD in this country GODDAMNIT!!!! (That's what the orange one is thinking, blatantly).

xx

6 comments:

Reikro said...

This post is automatically a winner. Why? Because cats are some of the coolest animals on earth, right up there with the giant panda and the platypus. I like all of your GalactiCats, but I will take the blue one in the middle.

Take Care and LOTS of LOVE
Reikro
XOXOXO

JC said...

Very cute!

Yeah, I totally understand your frustration with digital art classes. I was usually the one teaching the professor in all of mine.

OOOH-- I wanna see the full version of the Kenji pic on your MySpace page!! The one with the earmuffs and ray-guy thing!!

White Wabbit said...

Hey guys! Glad you liked my critters haha. Looks like you have zero competition for the blue one reikro so feel free to take him home. Looks like he'll be a bossy lil' beggar though, you sure you can cope with that?

And JC I have no doubt you taught your professor in class as you are a master with whatever software you use to make your pwiddy piccies, as for the Kenji image; it is actually from my SpaceKid Kenji story. I'm wanting to post it up but it's taking a while to get it all looking satisfactory tch... But you can bet it will be there to enjoy soon enough!

Wabbit xx

Patrick said...

I LOVE the cute little green GalactiCats!!! The sad one is totally adorable! Oh My God -- can I please have a stuffed animal version of these cuties to go with my Care Bears! LOL!!!

Well done! They're adorable! :oD I hope you draw more of them soon!

Hugz + Kisses,
Patrick XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with the yellow and red one! They look so suitable for buttons :D

White Wabbit said...

Wow guys comin' out with all the commercial ideas I see hehe, not sure how I'd go about making GalactiCat soft toys Patrick - I could do it myself but they'd end up looking like, well, like I'd made them myself lol. But wow they would be so cool, like 'Collect 'em all!' kinda thing. Then they'd REALLY be like Pokémon.

And I have a face like your favourite GalactiCat now you've commented me hum because I think I'm slightly in love with you! Well, your work at the very least *ahem* (I <3 Keric ^_^) Buttons (or badges as I call em) would be dead easy to make except I don't have one of those button/badge-making machine thingies. But I guess if you wanna make your own I can't really stop you! :D

Yay for people lovin' deh GalactiCats!! It would be no great hardship to draw more, though atm I'm gagging to draw some smut lol!!! My blog right now is misleadingly innocent.

Maybe I should ask everyone: What exactly do you want from me??!! lol!!!

Wabbit xx

P.s. The frigging formatting of Blogger keeps making my SpaceKid Kenji post look like a load of crap. It's annoying I don't know more about these sorts of things.