Sunday 29 July 2007

First Voyage Into WabbiWorld


Well here it is!
The Wabbit's first ever post on his first ever blog.

Not sure how well this is going to turn out, but I'm thinking what the hey, I may as well give it a go. Hopefully I can get a few people interested in what I do, whether it be the cute boys I draw or the clothes I design - who knows? I certainly don't!

I just want to thank Patrick Fillion with his regularly updated and brilliant Boytoons Magazine blog for showing me how successful a blog can be, and for introducing me to the idea in the first place! It was seeing Humbug's laidback but fun approach to his ace blog The Humplex that gave me the kick up the ass I needed to start my own. So let's hope I can enjoy keeping a blog as much as I do reading other peoples!

For my first post I thought it fitting to introduce you to my favourite character to draw, Kenji Baxtor, here seen wearing his SpaceKid Disco outfit. I can't think of a single other fella who I've drawn as much as Kenji, he's probably my longest running 'invention' though he's definately more like my best mate now; what can I say - I love him! He's always very cheeky, always very cute, and every now and then he can be a right dirty little bitch. I hope you grow to love him too, I'm sure he'll make numerous appearances (should this blog last long enough!). Oh, and just so there's no dispute, Kenji Baxtor is ABOVE 18 YEARS OF AGE!!! Haha!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world! Your enthusiasm is only matched by the adorableness of your bunny boy! Looking forward to seeing more of your work, and wishing you a good time here on your new blog!

White Wabbit said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment ephnat! I read it just before I went to bed last night and I was so happy I slept very well haha!! I take it you're referring to Kenji when you talk about my 'bunny boy', and you are totally right when you say he's adorable; it's the reason I'll never get tired of drawing him hehe. I'm looking forward to posting more of him (though desperately fighting back the urge to post nothing BUT him haha).

My first comment... I'm so chuffed!! ^_^
xx

HvH said...

Welcome to this Blogshpere. It's a crazy universe, but it's soooo much fun :)
Hugz,
HvH

Anonymous said...

Ooops! I guess I was so taken by your rabbity theme I put bunny ears on Kenji in my mind! Well, he looks good both in and out of them! Glad to be your first commentor-person-thing!

White Wabbit said...

Hey HvH It's so cool you checked out my page! ^_^ I'm so pleased cuz I love your art. Thanks for the welcome, and you're so right about how fun it is!!

And hey again ephnat, it's funny that you mention Kenji with ears, as I have got a Kenji Bunny pic that I did not too long ago, I'll make sure to post it up at some point soon haha! I'll probably do more of him with bunny ears too - specially if I have an audience who wants it :P

xx