Friday 3 August 2007

Queen Of HipPop! ^_^

Album image © 2005 Avex Entertainment inc.

Ok now I don't plan on posting many of these kind of entries, but I'm just sooooo thrilled that my
Namie Amuro CD has finally come through the post!!

For those that don't know, Namie Amuro is a musical artist in Japan who, in my opinion, stands way above the other female J-Pop solo artists (though some would probably argue Ayumi Hamasaki is more popular). I was in Japan in the Summer of 2005 and it was the best experience of my life so far; Japan felt so much like 'home' to me.

Whilst I was there, and exploring Tokyo's Shibuya district, there was music being played into the streets and banners were promoting some artist (though of course I was too thick to realise the two were connected), and there was one song where wherever I went I'd immediately recognise it and by the time I'd figured out the artist and the songname I'd run out of money and couldn't get it!! Gutted.

Well a few weeks ago, for some random reason I suddenly remembered about THAT song with the cute video and the pink panther and all these other random elements and I had this urge to find out what it was (by now I'd forgotten the names of things) so after an immense investigation online I finally reminded myself and got the album on eBay for a bargain price! (Took long enough to come though). And guess what, I love it even more than ever! Comes with Pink Panther stickers - and a poster! Namie got the rights to use the Pink Panther as part of the album promotion, and had a female character made in her likeness - so cool!!! Mmm... and it SMELLS so GLOSSY! *solvent abuse*. My recommendation goes out to everyone, if you can find yourself a copy GET IT! My focus now is gettin' my hands on her latest album, 'Play'.

So for everyone else to enjoy, here is THAT song, 'WoWa', courtesy of YouTube.



SUPER KAWAII!!! ^_^

Ok spazz is over, the next post will be less... like this!
xx

5 comments:

Reikro said...

Awesome! I really want to visit Japan one day. I even wrote a short story once about a travel writer visiting Japan for the first time. "The Man In Japan" it's called it's written from a first person perspective and the whole story only spans two days. It's far from good but I had fun writing it.

I had a listen to the song, and it's not exactly my taste to be honest but more amazingly, I too recieved Japanese CD's in the post today. Two CD's from artist Tatsuro Yamashita, I'll post more about the albums and the artist on my blog sometime.

Take Care!
Reikro
XOXOXO

White Wabbit said...

Aw'righ' reikro,
I would say that visiting Japan was one thing everyone should achieve at some point in their life, I've been around a whole lotta countries and none has affected me like Japan, it's just so different yet not so much that it's uncomfortable. And so beautiful, even in the centre of the cities you'll find old temples etc. Ace.
As for the song, sorry to hear you don't like it but then again I'm not surprised - my taste in music can be the gayest of the gay (quite by accident, I'm not just followingly stereotypes here *ahem*). I do love a whole range ofJapanese music though... even if singing along is a little bit harder.

Anyways I haven't given up on this blog I'm just... distracted. I'll get something up soon. Maybe I'll just chuck something on later today haha.

xx

Reikro said...

Distracted? I sometimes feel totally discouraged, haha! Mainly because no one ever bothers to visit my blog, yes I know this might be down to the fact that I write nonesense, but I do sometimes wonder why I even bother to post on there.

On a better note, I am planning on going to Japan one day, maybe not in the immediate future but I did promise myself that I will go there someday. Although I know very little about the country and the nation, I do have a fascination about Japan, like for instance their music, and like you said, it might be a bit harder to sing along, but it's a whole lot more fun! You can check out my blog for some info on Tatsuro Yamashita.

I can go on about Japan and japanese things like my yaoi comic collection for some time but I am in danger of boring you. So until next time...

Take care!
Reikro

White Wabbit said...

Yeh I have been distracted, I rediscovered Warcraft 3 in my cupboard and have gotten addicted again tsss. Beat my brother online last night though hahahahahahaha *powerrrr*
And when I've not been playin that I've been playin The Bouncer BUT luckily that's giving me inspiration for my next post... jus need ... a bit... more... time... +_+

So do you collect any particular titles of yaoi or just any old stuff? I didn't actually get much yaoi while I was over there just some Ayano Yamane trading cards and a book for my friend (though only because it had a particularly paedy cover). But I do collect SeiferxZell books because I'm in love with them both ^_^ Wish I could read them though! I'm sure I'll put a post up at some point about all that too. Tchh all these plans I have.

xx

Reikro said...

Ahh yes Warcraft, never played it myself but I've heard much about it, and I do understand getting distracted, I get so lost in playing on the PS2 and PS3 that a lion can walk into my room and I won't even notice.

As for yaoi, I have a whole stack of "bara" comics like Bakudan and Gekidan. Bara is a term used to described muscular men as the term yaoi has become synonymous with effeminate boys. You can email me (available from my profile) and I can send you a few scans if you are interested.